The surgery folks didn't seem too concerned, but the pediatrician seemed a bit alarmist in her assessment. Of course, it probably didn't help that she had never seen us before and was being asked to deal with a medically complex little boy without complete information.
In any case, we will wait and see how things go. The doctor today also noticed that small boy's liver is slightly enlarged. We're not sure if that is something new or whether that was present before his surgery (i should probably know this, but can't remember...and its probably in his records somewhere, but his records are rather thick and we didnt go through them). Unless he starts to get worse or stops improving, though, the folks st the hospital where the surgery was done suggest that we just wait for his follow up cardiology appointment on the 9th.