Things are looking good. Small boy is recovering well at home.
1. Small boy's chest is healing well. He's now allowed to take a bath, reach above his head, and wipe his own behind.
2. Small boy's lungs are doing better. He's not breathing so rapidly and his chest x-ray looks clear.
3. Blood pressure is normal: 100/60
4. His liver has gotten smaller (now only 4 cm below his ribs), the level of liver proteins in his blood is normal, and his weight has been stable. In conjunction with his improved findings, this means he can stop taking his diuretic.
5. His heart rate is still fairly low for a kid his age, but it gets higher when he's active and he has no symptoms.
6. His INR (used to measure how much his blood is being thinned) continues to be at the right level. This means he doesn't need to get another blood draw to check it for a whole week.
7. He can return to school for part of the day starting next week if he and Papa feel up to it.
Next appointment: two weeks.